Reading Time: 2 minutes
Decorative window tinting adds personality to your home or office and provides privacy and design. Window film can reduce energy costs, eliminate window glare, protect the color of your furniture and carpets and act as a shatter-proof mechanism if the window were to break. More importantly, however, you can use window film as a decorating tool for your windows. The appearance of your home or office is often the first impression someone gets and the windows of your building have a huge effect on that appearance. Decorative window tint can improve the look and feel of your space.
The basic concept of having a decorative window film is not only aesthetical but also functional. You can find many options for these films. With so many options available, sometimes the choice becomes more difficult and you realize that what works well for one window may not for another.
Decorative Window Tinting Tips
Below are some reasons and tips for how and why you should consider using decorative window tinting:
Create a Stained-Glass Look
– Stained glass window films are a cost effective alternative to real stained glass and result in a stunning stained glass look-alike.
Decorative Tinting Prevents Accidents
– Placing decorative window film on sliding doors can prevent you from walking into them and hurting yourself and/or damaging the door.
Block out the Light
– Decorative window film can be used to block out the light of a room – therefore resulting in a better night sleep or nap.
– Decorative window film can beautify the room – there is an amazing variety of different designs and types of decorative window film.
Guard Your Privacy in Style
– Decorative window film can be used to guard your privacy to outsiders as well as potential burglars – there is a wide variety of decorative film types on the market to fit both your style and budget.
Add Flare to the Room
– Decorative window tint can incorporate textures, colors, and patterns into your new window designs.
Frost Your Home
– Frosted window film can enhance the beauty and privacy of your indoor space. This unique type of decorative window film will provide the surface of your glass with a frosted look.
When deciding on what decorative film to use, you should consider the purpose of adding the film and the area where you want to put the film. For example, if you want to use the film for privacy reasons, then you would opt for the one that will restrain view.
Ultimately, there is a large variety of decorative window tints available and you can decide which one will work best for you to match your purpose, budget and space. Window film is also easy to clean and durable over time and an added benefit is that the film can be applied and removed easily and inexpensively without damaging your glass. Therefore, you have the flexibility to change the look of your space at little cost.